Countdown is on to Pride of Tameside Sports Awards
Active Tameside are looking for sports achievers, coaches, clubs and volunteers who have made a difference to sport in Tameside. The 2018 Pride of Tameside Sports Awards will take place on Friday 28th September at Dukinfield Town Hall. Nominations open on 1st March and close on 5th August.
Those who are lucky enough to be shortlisted for an award will be invited to the presentation evening on 28th September at Dukinfield Town Hall. The winners from the Pride of Tameside Sports Awards will then have the chance to go on to represent Tameside at the Greater Manchester Sports Awards in November.
Eight awards categories
There are 8 awards categories that clubs, schools and individuals can be nominated for, which are: Coach of the Year; Sports Achiever of the Year; Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year; Alex Williams Volunteer of the Year; School Commitment to PE and School Sport; Unsung Hero of the Year; Club of the Year and Changing Lifestyle Special Recognition.
Last year’s presentation evening was a great success and this year’s event will be no exception. The Awards provides the opportunity for the people of Tameside to say thank you and well done to those who have done something remarkable in their chosen sport, or sports.
Many different sports have been represented in previous years, including archery, athletics, ten pin bowling, cricket, boxing and cycling. Entering is easy and anyone can nominate a Tameside sports star who they believe is a winner.
There are 8 different categories. Download the nomination forms below:
- Coach of the Year – PDF version | Word version
- Sports Achiever of the Year – PDF version | Word version
- Disabled Sports Achiever of the Year – PDF version | Word version
- Alex Williams Volunteer of the Year – PDF version | Word version
- Unsung Hero of the Year – PDF version | Word version
- Club of the Year – PDF version | Word version
- Changing Lifestyle Special Recognition Award – PDF version | Word version
- The School Commitment to PE and Sport Award – PDF version | Word version
Please fill in and return your completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org or print off, fill in and post to: Andy Dwyer, Active Tameside, Active Ken Ward, Hattersley Road East, Hattersley, Hyde, Cheshire, SKL14 3NL.
Help downloading and filling in forms:
- Guidance notes can be downloaded here.
- Forms are best downloaded and filled in via desktop computer.
- For PDF documents: when you click on the link, the nomination form will open. You then need to download/save the document before filling it in. To fill the PDF form in, open it then click on ‘Tools’ on the top left then select ‘fill & sign’. Click on each field to fill it in.
- For Word documents: you may need to click on ‘enable editing’ before you can fill the form in.
If you experience any issues downloading or filling in a nomination form, please email: email@example.com
Over the years we have had a variety of sporting nominations from fencing and 10-pin bowling to triathlon and football. All winners from each category at the Tameside Sports Awards will have the opportunity to represent Tameside at the Greater Manchester Sports Awards.