Free 7 Day Pass for Tour of Tameside entrants
Sign up to any race in the Tour of Tameside and get a FREE 7 day Active Tameside gym pass! You can use your pass at the centres below – all you have to do is register online then show proof of your Tour of Tameside race entry (registration confirmation email) to reception on your first visit to the gym.
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email which will tell you how to log in online. You can then proceed to book your gym sessions online.
You can use your pass at these centres
- Active Ashton: Water Street, Ashton under Lyne, OL67AN
- Active Copley: Huddersfield Road, Stalybridge, SK15 3ET
- Active Hyde: Walker Lane, Hyde, SK14 5PL
- Active Medlock: Gardenfold Way, Droylsden, M43 7XU (restricted opening times)
- Active Ken Ward: Hattersley Road East, Hattersley, SK14 3QJ
- Tameside Wellness Centre: Lance Corporal Andrew Breeze Way, Denton, M34 3RD
What your free 7 day pass includes
Gym access for 7 consecutive days at all available Active Tameside centres excluding Active iTrain.
About the Tour of Tameside
The Tour of Tameside is a four day festival of running which takes in the best sights and sounds that Tameside has to offer. A variety of running routes and terrains challenge participants both physically and mentally, with all stages having been carefully chosen to be achievable for runners of all abilities.
The original week-long Tour was founded by marathon legend Dr Ron Hill MBE in 1981. The event was a huge hit and its success continued to grow each year.
7 day pass terms and conditions
- All passes must be redeemed by 31st August 2021.
- Strictly one 7 day pass can be redeemed per person.
- Passes are only available to people aged 18 years and over.
- 7 day pass includes gym access only at Active Tameside centres, with the exception of Active iTrain.
- Proof of entry must be presented to reception upon your first visit to the gym, either by printed confirmation email or showing it on your phone.
- Active Tameside has the right to refuse issue if the participant is a debtor, or has any club bans on their account.